Valentine’s Day is a wonderful opportunity to celebrate those we love, and money should not stay in the way of it.
Here are some Valentine’s Day gift ideas that won’t cost any money.
1. Surprise your partner with a new set of vows, complete with a lovely candlelight dinner. Take care of all the details before the actual day, so you can be relaxed and enjoy it too.
2. Window-shop for your dreams together: go “house hunting” for the perfect getaway cottage…mountain cabin…or even your first house. Those dreams will become a reality sooner than you think.
3. Bake some heart-shaped cookies or fudge: this one is really easy, and if you have kids, you can involve them as well.
4. Create a list of “100 reasons I love you” and present it nicely wrapped and tied with a red or pink bow.
5. Read love poems/stories together.
6. Share romantic greeting cards that you made: these can be adorned with silk, hearts, pressed flowers, or a nice drawing by you, if you have the talent. .
7. Leave love notes in unexpected places. Suggestions include on the bathroom mirror, in the fridge, under his pillow, in his checkbook, or any other place you think he’ll come across during the day.
8. Find a babysitter for your kids and have a picnic in the living room.
9. Say “I love you” for 12 entire months with a coupon book filled with favors that she can redeem throughout the year. Choose a different favor for each month of the year that she can redeem on any day of the month. Suggestions include a foot massage, a back rub, cleaning up after dinner, a night out alone, etc.
10. Prepare a romantic spa evening at home: run a hot bath, add some bath oil, and some of your partner’s favorite music. Don’t forget a sensual massage and some home made chocolate treats.
Enjoy your Valentine’s Day!